Board Certified Plastic Surgeon
After medical school, Dr. Wigod completed an additional eight years of formal General Surgery Residency and Plastic Surgery Fellowship training. Broad surgical training, over two decades of large volume practice experience, and continuing education assist Dr. Wigod in his efforts to provide optimal care for his patients. Dr. Wigod now specializes in Cosmetic Surgery of the Breast, Body and Face, as well as Cosmetic and Functional Nose Surgery.
Surgeons who are certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery have endured a rigorous course of training and testing preparing them to deliver optimal care in the field.
This process, which takes many years to complete, cannot be duplicated outside formal residency and fellowship training. Surgeons who are Members of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons and The Aesthetic Society must maintain strict professional, ethical, and continuing education standards throughout their careers. Mark D. Wigod, M.D., F.A.C.S., of Meridian, Idaho is Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and is a Member of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons and the Aesthetic Society.
- Plastic Surgery Fellowship, Wake Forest University 1999-2001
- Hand Surgery Fellowship, Rush University 1998-1999
- General Surgery Residency, University of Colorado 1993 – 1998
- M.D., Duke University 1989-1993
- B.A., University of California at Berkeley 1985-1989
- American Board of Plastic Surgery – 2002
- American Board of Surgery – 1999
- American Society of Plastic Surgeons
- American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons
- American College of Surgeons
- American Medical Association
- Idaho Medical Association
- Ada County Medical Society
- St. Lukes Medical Center – Meridian, Idaho
- St. Lukes Medical Center – Boise, Idaho